(English) Goldorak soundtracks

Mazinger est le nom donné à la trilogie de manga créée par Go Nagai : Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger et la célèbre série Goldorak qui a marqué toute une génération.
humanracer
Petit nouveau
Petit nouveau

(English) Goldorak soundtracks

Messagepar humanracer » sam. sept. 02, 2017 10:33 pm

Hi
Goldorak has never been broadcast in English but the show seems interesting and the music is great!

I have Japanese, French and Italian CDs. They all have different themes and are all excellent. But the French theme songs confuse me. As I understand there are theme songs from Enrique, Noam, Lionel Leroy & Bernard Minet. But all three seasons were broadcast in the 70s and feature the Enrique theme? When were the other themes from Noam and Lionel used? Was the show repeated in the 80s?

Raspoutnik
Entrée des Gémeaux
Entrée des Gémeaux

Re: (English) Goldorak soundtracks

Messagepar Raspoutnik » sam. sept. 02, 2017 11:37 pm

Sorry for my bad english, but I'll try to answer !^^

There was a lot of grendizer openings and ending here in France, as much as rebroadcasting of the series !

In first broadcast, (jully-august 1978) you have the very first openings and endings sang by Enriqué Fort, but it has never been recorded on a disk. This opening and ending are based on the japanese op and ed. Here you can find the real original version, very hard to find :

(That's my favourite op and ed by far !)

In 2004, Enriqué has recorded his own version on cd, but it is not really the original one.(lyrics are the same, but the voice is slightly different) :

This enrique opening was censored due to the word "Race", and a new opening was made, sang by Noam in september 1978.
This is the most famous opening here in France, but not my favourite one ^^ :

In 1979, a new opening and ending sang by Jean-Pierre Savelli ("La Légende d'Actarus" and "Le Prince de l'espace"), based again on the Japanese op and Ed, but with different lyrics than Eniqué's version. :

In 1982, new opening and ending due to a rebroadcast of the show : "Et l'aventure continue" and "La Justice de Goldorak". The author is Haim Saban (yes, the guy of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers !!)

(I like this two songs very much ! :D )

In 1987 the show is rebroadcasted in a geat show for children here in France named "Le club Dorothée", and a new opening was made, sang by the official singer of "le Club Dorothée" : Bernard Minet : Goldorak Go !

(I'm not a big fan of Bernard Minet, but this song is one of his best in my opinion :D )

Hope I could help you !

humanracer
Petit nouveau
Petit nouveau

Messagepar humanracer » dim. sept. 03, 2017 12:00 am

Yes thank you so much. That makes perfect sense. It's odd that they created a new them every time they rebroadcast but at least it means we get more music.
I guess the Tele80 CD has the 2004 Enrique version.
I like the 1982 songs. Saban/Levy also wrote the music for my favourite anime: Les Mystérieuses Cités d'or.
Et l'aventure continue sounds like Ottawan - DISCO but it's a great song.
Thanks again!

Raspoutnik
Entrée des Gémeaux
Entrée des Gémeaux

Messagepar Raspoutnik » dim. sept. 03, 2017 9:54 pm

humanracer a écrit : It's odd that they created a new them every time they rebroadcast but at least it means we get more music.

Goldorak was a legend here in France in the 70's/80's, and it was an easy way to make money with the discs ! :lol:

humanracer a écrit :I guess the Tele80 CD has the 2004 Enrique version.

Yeah, the very original version had never been recorded. :(

humanracer a écrit :I like the 1982 songs. Saban/Levy also wrote the music for my favourite anime: Les Mystérieuses Cités d'or.

I agree, they done a good job with animes BGM and openings, and Les cités d'or was their masterpiece !

They also done the french BGM for a tokusastu show with puppets : "Bomber-x", with Lionel leroy who sang the opening.
Good music and good song too.

humanracer a écrit :Thanks again!

Happy to have been of help :coucou:

Retourner vers « Goldorak et trilogie Mazinger »